Mouth, jaw and tooth pain can be some of the worst to experience. By using red light therapy you will unquestionably gain some relief. Most people experience jaw or mouth pain at some point in their lives and finding alleviation can become urgent, if not an urgent must. For those who have experienced chronic or subtle pains, you will know how key quick aid needs to be. Red light therapy isn’t usually a cure for mouth pain but it is one of the most effective ways to limit pain of most types.
What type of mouth and jaw issues can red light therapy target?
Red light therapy, known by some as low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a non-invasive treatment that uses red and near-infrared light to stimulate the body’s natural healing processes. In the past, it has been used to treat a wide range of conditions, including mouth and tooth pain. Evidence shows inflammation and pain in the mouth and around the jaw can be reduced by red light therapy. In lots of cases, common painful side effects of dental surgery have been reduced by red light therapy.
Studies show, red light therapy effectively reduces pain and improves the mouth opening. Red light therapy for mouth issues can’t be promoted as a cure but it has been proven to reduce pain in patients who are suffering.
Tips for those suddenly experiencing mouth pain
Mouth and tooth pain can suddenly start unexpectedly and must be recognised immediately as if it develops, it can lead to more serious issues. In the past, using a heating pad or taking aspirin was the only choice. Not today – infrared light therapy increases circulation, releases nitric oxide, stimulating the mitochondria and accelerating anti-inflammatory response. Issues within the mouth and around the jaw area can be particularly painful and red light therapy can be one of the best ways to target this pain, especially if you are experiencing regular chronic aching pains.
We recommend consulting your healthcare professional if your pain persists. Red light therapy isn’t a cure as such, it just helps to target the area affecting you.
The benefits of red light therapy for mouth and jaw pain
- Reducing inflammation – Red light therapy for mouth pain has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects, which can help to reduce pain and swelling in the jaw.
- Promoting healing – Red light therapy can stimulate the production of collagen and other proteins that are important for tissue repair and regeneration. This can help to speed up the healing process and reduce pain.
- Improving circulation – Red light therapy can improve blood flow to the affected area, which can help to reduce pain and promote healing.
- Relaxing muscles – Red light therapy can help to relax the muscles in the jaw, which can be helpful for people who suffer from teeth grinding.
- Stimulating acupuncture points – Red light therapy can be used to stimulate specific acupuncture points in the jaw area, which can help to reduce pain and improve jaw function.
Overall, red light therapy may be a safe and effective treatment option for people with jaw pain. However, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the underlying cause of the pain and to develop an appropriate treatment plan.
What causes jaw and tooth pain?
There are a range of different reasons jaw and tooth pain might occur and it will completely depend on the person suffering and their lifestyle. The most common reasons for either tooth or jaw pain are
- Dental problems causing tooth pain: Tooth decay, gum disease, dental abscesses and tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures.
- Dental problems causing jaw pain: Teeth grinding as known as bruxism, temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ is the joint connecting the jawbone and the skull), sinus infections (both jaw and upper teeth can be affected), also trauma and accidents to the jaw or face.
- Both jaw and tooth pain: medical conditions including trigeminal neuralgia.
Jaw and tooth pain should be looked at immediately by a healthcare professional, usually a dentist to help figure out any underlying issues. The professional will be able to recommend the right treatment for you and usually set up a treatment plan if it is needed. For those who want quick relief, red light therapy devices can be an ideal investment.
Just to avoid confusion, there are many terms that are used for “red light therapy”. Be in the know. It is INFRARED light, next to the skin or painful area, that is the “clydesdales” of light therapy. Also known as photobiomodulation (PBM), red light therapy, infrared light therapy, LLLT, it is all the same.
The Best Red Light Therapy Pads For Jaw/Mouth Pain
Infrared light therapy also has a pain-relieving effect. It works by blocking pain signals from reaching the brain, which can help to reduce pain and improve mobility. The most effective way to reduce mouth pain is by using a red light therapy pad twice a day in 20 minute sessions. HealthLight allows you to do this from the comfort of your home. We are a leading American manufacturer FDA-cleared red light therapy pads.
HealthLight’s 104 Diode Facemask:
This pad features 52 red diodes and 52 blue diodes, and operates at 53 joules per minute. Simply pull the facemask down over your chin to affect the chin, mouth and jaw region.
HealthLight’s Small 90 Diode Pad:
The size and rectangular shape of the small 90 infrared light pad make it perfect for treating a small area of the face. Simply rest the pad on your jaw. At 9.8” x 4.5”, this pad features 90 LEDs: 50 infrared (950 nm) and 40 red (630 nm).
A Red Light Therapy device can help you your sleep quality if you are suffering from pain. But all Red Light Therapy devices are not created equal. Get the best support by purchasing your red light therapy pad from HealthLight. All Red Light Therapy pads by HealthLight are FDA-cleared for relieving the aches, pains and inflammation all over the body.
HealthLight makes the most powerful clinical-strength Red Light Therapy devices available in today’s marketplace to provide you the therapeutic benefits of Red Light Therapy in the convenience of your home. HealthLight offers a wide choice of Red Light Therapy devices and controllers to meet the needs and budget of any individual, family, or health practitioner.
Start Your Pain Relief Journey Today
Contact us now and speak with a light therapy expert. They are here to help you find relief at home with soothing red light therapy.