Karen Wolters, RN
Karen Wolters, RN is the founder of HealthLight. She has a lengthy and diverse experience in the medical and health care fields.
- Graduated from DePaul School of Nursing, became an RN.
- Worked for ten years as a nurse:
- Hospital nursing—worked on a medical floor for patients, handling a wide variety of needs
- Public health nursing: Responsible for a territory in reporting, teaching and clinic care of communicable diseases, pediatrics, obstetrics, preemie newborn care, and well-baby clinic.
- Industrial nursing: responsible for thousands of employees for first line care of illnesses or injuries
- On the Board of Directors of British American Hospital in Madrid, Spain
- Founder of Lincoln Land Hospice in Effingham, IL
- Work closely with clinicians for their applications of PBM to patients needs for pain relief and increased circulation.
- Works closely (7 years) with HealthLight engineers to understand the design of HealthLight red light therapy devices to maximize patient outcomes; collaborates on design of pads for optimal construction to maximize light penetration of human tissue.
- Consulting relationship with Dr. Tom Burke, PhD in Physiology, for 15 years. Dr. Burke is a leading researcher in the field of blood flow and its response to PBM and has taught at University of Colorado medical school.